For speedy and better development of Amritsar city, Punjab Government constituted this authority vide below notification :
Government of Punjab
Department of Housing & Urban Development
Whereas the Government of Punjab is of the opinion that the object of proper development and re-development of the area failing in and around Amritsar city will be served by entrusting the work of development and re-development there of a Special Authority.
Therefore, in exercise of the powers conferred by Section 29(I) the Punjab Regional and Town Planning & Development Act, 1995 (Punjab Act No.11 of 1995), the Governor of Punjab is pleased to constitute establish the Amritsar Development Authority (ADA) for area failing in Amritsar City as defined in the annexed Drawings No. DTP(ASR)434/07, dated 03.04.07.
The Authority shall comprise of the following official members:
1. Chief Minister, Punjab Chairman
2. Housing and Urban Development Minister Member (when in position)
3. Chief Secretary Member
4. Principal Secretary (Finance) Member
5. Principal Secretary (Local Government) Member
6. Principal Secretary Housing and Urban Member Development Chairman
7. Principal Secretary to Chief Minister Punjab Member
8. Chief Town Planner, Punjab Member
9. Chief Administrator, ADA
10. Three non official members to be nominated by the Chief Member.
1. Chef Administrator of the Authority shall be appointed by the Government.
2. The Headquarters of the Authority shall be at Amritsar. The Estate Officer, PUDA Amritsar will house the office of Amritsar Development Authority and will be expanded as per its requirements.
3. All the powers and functions of the Punjab Urban Planning & Development Authority relating to the development and re-development of area under Amritsar Development Authority shall be exercised by the Amritsar Development Authority as constituted.